Happy 2022 loungers! Time flies, and today is the first day of mid-January 2022. Can you imagine? Anyhow, let me share one of my favorite Asian Filipino dishes. Believe it or not, my lovely partner used to despise bitter gourd, but after tasting this dish, he now enjoys it.
Ampalaya is a Filipino word for bitter gourd. Bitter gourd has numerous health benefits due to its high concentration of nutrients such as fiber, vitamins C and A, folate, potassium, zinc, and iron. It can also help lower blood sugar levels. At the same time, red meat, such as minced beef, is high in protein, zinc, vitamin B3, and B12. Minced beef and bitter gourd are excellent combinations for increasing zinc and iron levels in the body.
Let’s dig into the recipe!
How to Cook Yummy Minced Beef with Bitter Gourd
Check out other Easy to Make Beef Recipes: Saucy Beef and Tofu in Tomato Sauce, Beef Meatballs in Misua Soup, Saucy Beef Broccoli, Bitter Melon Corned Beef, Savory Beef and Beans, Chana Masala Beef and Veggies, Beefy Potato and Carrot, Broccoli with a Meaty Flavor Recipe.
This Minced Beef with Bitter Gourd recipe is approximately 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Suitable for four servings.
Here’s What You Need:
- 500 grams Minced Beef
- One big Bitter Gourd chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Time to Cook our Yummy Minced Beef with Bitter Gourd recipe!
- Pour the olive oil and butter into a saucepan over low-medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the minced beef and cook until brown.
- After that, add the garlic, onions, and tomato. Allow cooking for at least three minutes after thoroughly mixing. Season with black pepper while simmering.
- Next, season with oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir well and cook for two minutes.
- In the meantime, beat an egg—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in the bitter gourd and gently mix it in. After two minutes, add the beaten egg and mix gently to combine the ingredients.
- Finally, let’s season to taste with salt and pepper. Because we’ve already used salty ingredients like oyster sauce and soy sauce, use caution when adding salt.
- Serve hot with a cup of rice!
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Ochen’ Vkusno! Oishi!
- Use two bitter gourds if you want to include more bitter gourds in the dish.
- Because we’ve already used salty ingredients like oyster sauce and soy sauce, add salt with caution.
- Choose low-fat minced beef for a healthier option.
- To avoid negative health effects, consume red meat in moderation.
There you have it, loungers! I have many errands as a busy homemaker and freelance virtual assistant. So, this dish enables me to prepare food for us without devoting so much time and effort. I highly recommend this yummy Minced Beef with Bitter Gourd recipe for working parents, working adults, and university students.
We prefer to have food delivered most of the time because we are so busy. On the other hand, home cooking is the best because we can guarantee the safety and quality of our food. Stay healthy and happy cooking!
Send Me Easy Recipes, Cooking Tips, and VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Appreciate your time hugely! If you enjoy this content, please continue to support by clicking the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends!
Your generosity is bliss in my heart! Your coffee treats will significantly help me in maintaining this blog site. Buy me a coffee here! You can also support us on Social: Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube! See you there! – jeMiMa❤️