Happy Monday, Lounger! Adobo is a famous Filipino dish. Its cooking method involves marinating meat, seafood, or vegetables in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, and black peppercorns before browning in oil and simmering in the marinade.
Today, I will share my easy recipe home cooking style spicy chicken wings adobo. You will love the savory, saucy, and spicy hot chicken wings! Super tasty and easy to cook.
My Easy and Quick Recipe for Spicy Chicken Wings Adobo
Let us dig into the recipe, shall we? 30 Minutes Prep-Cooking & Good for 2-3 Servings!
Here’s what you need:
- 500 grams Chicken Wings
- 4 Bay Leaves
- Olive oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic diced
- 3 Green Chilis diced
- 10 grams of Ginger diced
- 1 Red onion chopped
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1/8 cup of soy sauce
- 1/8 cup of water
- 1/8 cup of vinegar
- One medium Potato cut into cubes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chili flakes
Time to Cook the Spicy Chicken Wings Adobo
1. Heat the cooking pot using low-medium heat fire, add olive oil and one bay leaves. Tear the bay leaves into smaller pieces.
2. Once heated, add the chicken wings to sear, and set them aside.
3. On the same pan, add and saute garlic, chilis, and Ginger.
4. Next, add the onion and continue sauteing.
5. Once the onion is translucent, add the tomatoes and give a good mix.
6. Next, add the seared chicken wings.
7. Next, add soy sauce, vinegar, and bay leaves. Let it simmer for a minute.
8. Next, add water and cover, and let it cook.
9. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let the potato cook. Finally, sprinkle with chili flakes and simmer for a final touch of cooking.
10. Serve hot with white or brown rice.
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Oishī!
- Once the vinegar is added, please don’t mix it yet. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- You can add boiled eggs to this recipe. You can use canned quail eggs, or you may boil medium-sized 3-4 regular eggs.
- You can constantly adjust the salt & pepper according to your taste.
Because there was no refrigerator back then, our Filipino ancestors came up with the idea of marinating meat, seafood, and vegetables in vinegar and soy sauce to give the food a more extended shelf life. Amazing right! Hey, please tell me how it goes once you’ve given it a shot. I’d be delighted to hear from you.
Send Me Easy Home Cooking Recipes, Kitchen Cooking Tips & VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends. Are you feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blog site. Again, thank you & praise God always! Xo, jeMiMa. ❤️
Leave a Reply