Happy Monday, Lounger! I hope you’re having an awesome day! I can’t believe how time flies so fast, and we are already halfway end of the year. And by November winter season will start knocking on our doorsteps. So, today I love to share with you one of my favorite soup dishes. A very Filipino dish called “Sinigang.”
Sinigang is a delicious tangy hot soup that is made on a tamarin-based soup. It can be meat or seafood, like my Prawns Sinigang. On the other hand, since I’m in Dubai, it’s hard to find fresh tamarin, but luckily there’s a Sinigang Mix available which is a good alternative.
It’s definitely an easy recipe, believe it or not! And your partner and or kids will love it!
Here’s my Delicious Tangy Prawns Sinigang Recipe
Let us dig into the recipe, shall we? Up to 30 minutes prep & cooking, servings of 2-3!
Helpful reads: 5 Habits to a Healthy Eat Out from Home, Powerful Foods for Type O Blood Group, 10 Food Commandments.
Here’s what you need:
- 350 grams Prawns Big (cleaned and deveined)
- Up to 700 ml water
- 1 White Raddish chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Eggplant Cut slanted
- Six slices of Ginger
- Sinigang Mix
- Ground black pepper
- Bunch of Kakong leaves
- Three pieces of Chilis (Regular size)
- Salt to taste
Time to Cook this Delicious Tangy Prawns Sinigang Recipe
- Into the hot water, add the white radish and onion.
- Next, add tomato and ginger.
- Let it boil, and then add the Prawns.
- Season with black pepper and give a nice mix.
- Next, add eggplant and Sinigang Mix.
- Let it cook, occasionally, give it a good mix.
- And then finally add the kangkong leaves and chilis, cover a bit, and let them cook.
- Season with salt according to taste.
- Serve hot! 😉👍🏻
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Oishī!
- Watch out for the water, and you may add if needed.
- Don’t pour the whole pack of Sinigang Mix. Add gradually according to your taste.
- Big green chilis are the best for Sinigang. If you can’t find any, the regular chilis will do just like in this recipe.
- Gabi (Taro) is the best, but I used white radish as an alternative.
- You also add okra.
Prawns Sinigang is best during cold weather because it’s smooth and will give you the hot calming temperature you need in the body. Try this easy recipe! And let me know the experience.
Send Me Easy Home Cooking Recipes, Kitchen Cooking Tips & VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends. Are you feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you bought will help me maintain this blog site. Again, thank you & praise God always! Xo, jeMiMa. ❤️
Looks delicious! 🤩
LikeLiked by 1 person