What a wonderful Monday! Discovering other cultures, traditions, and cuisines is one of the pleasures of being an ex-pat or traveling worldwide. Since I’m now stationed in Dubai, UAE, Indian foods are near and dear to my heart. So many wonderful and brilliant Indians have exposed me to their cuisine. My hubby and I also went to a few Indian restaurants, and curry is one of our favorites!
Curry is an Indian Subcontinental dish made out of a complex blend of spices and herbs. Spices, herbs, naturally fresh or dried hot peppers, or chilies are usually significant ingredients. Chilies, indeed!
So, let me share with you my version of an easy savory chicken curry recipe which indeed you can make in your kitchen without hassle.
Here’s how to cook an Easy Savory Chicken Curry Recipe
Other recipes to try: Fish Curry Recipe Filipino Version, Easy Cajun Stir Fry Tuna Loin Recipe, Easy Savory Tofu Recipe, Milky Stir Fry Chicken and Veggies
Let us dig into the recipe, shall we? 40 Minutes Prep-Cooking & Good for 3-4 Servings!
Here’s what you need:
- 450 grams chicken wings
- 400 grams chicken thighs
- Three medium-sized red onions chopped
- Five cloves of garlic minced
- One Tomato chopped into cubes
- One Potato chopped into cubes
- One Carrot chopped into cubes
- One Green Capsicum chopped into cubes
- Three green chilies
- Four tablespoons Ginger paste
- One can of coconut milk
- Two tablespoons Turmeric powder
- Two tablespoons Curry powder
- Cooking Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Time to Cook our Easy Savory Chicken Curry Recipe
- In medium heat fire, add oil into the pan and start pan-frying the onions.
- Once the onions are translucent and brownish, add your garlic and chilies.
- Continue to sautee until well mix, and then add your ginger paste.
- After 2-minutes, add your capsicum and give a good mix.
- Next, we want to add the Tomato and let them cook.
- Next, we will add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- And then, we will add the curry powder and mix well again.
- After, we will add our chicken meat and give a good mix.
- Cover it and let it sit for few minutes.
- Occasionally mix it so all the flavors will blend well.
- Add a little bit of water, plus the carrot and tomato cubes.
- Give a good mix, and then gradually add the coconut milk while mixing it well.
- Cover and let the chicken cook in a low fire for 20 minutes.
- Finally, season it with salt & pepper according to your taste.
- Serve it hot with roti bread or white rice.
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Oishī!
- The secret is to sautee the onions well from the start, and the more onions, the better!
- Low fire cooking for the chicken will let its natural flavor comes out.
- I used chicken wings and thighs because they have bones in them, so these parts are tastier.
- Potato and carrots are optional, but I love adding these veggies to add texture and sweet flavor.
My hubby loves this dish, so I’m confident that you will love it too! Curry spices have tremendous benefits like having anti-inflammatory contents, aiding digestion, and battling harmful bacteria in our bodies. Try this recipe, Lounger, and let me know how it is. I’d definitely love to hear from you!
Send Me Easy Home Cooking Recipes, Kitchen Cooking Tips & VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends. Are you feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blog site. Again, thank you & praise God always! Xo, jeMiMa. ❤️
Leave a Reply