Blessed Sunday, Lounger! And Happy Father’s Day to all dads in the world!
I hope you’re having an awesome day! Today, I’m sharing with you my father’s simple yet tasty Chicken in Tomato Sauce recipe. Unfortunately, I’m currently away from home for about seven months now, so I missed him so well. But, thanks to the technology today, we can send and receive messages and occasionally have some video calls to catch up.
There are many exciting benefits when consuming tomatoes regularly. An article suggested ten benefits we can gain from tomatoes. My favorite is it’s good for skin and hair because of the lycopene content. Also, tomatoes are a good source of anti-oxidant for our bodies.
It’s an easy recipe. You’ll surely like it!
Here’s my Papa’s Chicken in Tomato Sauce Recipe
Let us dig into the recipe, shall we? Up to 45 minutes prep & cooking, servings of 3-4!
Here’s what you need:
- 850 grams Skinless pre-cut Chicken
- Olive oil
- One Medium Onion chopped
- Four Cloves of Garlic diced
- Five bay leaves
- 250 Tomato Paste
- Half cup of Water
- One medium Carrot chopped
- One medium Potato chopped
- Chilli Flakes
- One tablespoon Brown Sugar
- One medium Green Capsicum
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Time to Cook Papa’s Chicken in Tomato Sauce Recipe
- Use low-medium fire, heat the pan, and then add your olive oil.
- On it, sauté the onion. Once translucent, add the garlic and continue sautéing.
- Next, add the chicken meat, and we want to kind of sear it.
- Add the bay leaves, and continue sautéing.
- Next, add the tomato paste and a little bit of water.
- Next, add carrots and Potato and let them cook, cover if needed.
- Occasionally check and mix, season with chili flakes, salt & pepper, and brown sugar to balance the flavors.
- Finally, add green capsicum and let it cook. Occasionally, give a good mix.
- Do a taste test, so you can adjust and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve it hot with white or brown rice.
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Oishi!
- I preferred using a bigger pan. So, I used our old bigger pan in cooking. You’ll see it in the video. Lol. It’s easier to give a good mix.
- You may also add a little bit of chili powder if you prefer it spicier. But in this recipe, I didn’t count chili powder because my Chilli flakes were already spicy. So, we only want to add a little bit of heat and spice in there.
- Better to skin off the chicken to avoid unwanted fats from the skin.
- Another optional ingredient is butter.
- Regarding the water content, make sure not to add too much. Control it so it won’t be a watery taste. The water won’t overpower the tomato paste.
Your support is highly appreciated! Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Thank You!
I love home-cooking because we can guarantee food safety. My father used to cook this for my mom and me. He also loves simple, easy, home-cooked meals because food brings togetherness in the family, even in the community!
That’s all there is to it, Lounger! Please let me know how you like this easy Chicken in Tomato Sauce recipe. I’d be delighted to hear from you!
Send Me Easy Home Cooking Recipes, Kitchen Cooking Tips & VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends. Are you feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you bought will help me maintain this blog site. Again, thank you & praise God always! Xo, jeMiMa. ❤️