Heyyah, Lounger! I hope you’re having a fabulous day! I love tomatoes because they are natural cosmetics. When I was a kid, my father used to tell me to eat tomatoes so my skin would glow. Right! I grew up in frugality, and my father always cooked us this dish—a very Asian-Filipino meal.
I’m happy to share this quick and tasty recipe to celebrate my great memories! This easy and quick recipe is an excellent side dish or as the entrée served with white jasmine rice.
Here’s how you can cook, Tasty Sautéed Tomatoes and Eggs!
Let us dig into the recipe, shall we? 15 Minutes Prep-Cooking & Good for 2-3 Servings
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger minced
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 2 stalks Onion chives minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shrimp paste (optional)
- Dashes of Lemon juice (optional)
Time to Cook our Tasty Sautéed Tomatoes and Eggs!
- Into the pan, add olive oil, garlic, ginger, a little bit of shrimp paste, and sautee.
- Add Onion and once they are translucent, add tomatoes and let them cook.
- Add the eggs and dashes of lemon juice to add some sharpness to it.
- Let it simmer to cook a bit, season with salt & pepper according to your taste. And finally, add the chives on top.
- Served it hot with a cup of white jasmine rice and iced cold tea!
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Oishī!
- Be cautious with your salt seasoning if you add shrimp paste in the beginning because that’s already salty.
- You may add chilis to this dish if you want to put some kick into it.
- You can also wrap this dish in some crunchy lettuce or mustasa.
A health article says that Tomatoes are the primary dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced heart disease and cancer risk. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
Tomatoes and Eggs are very affordable produce with great health benefits! How cool is that? Try my Sautéed Tomatoes and Eggs and let me know what you think. I’d love to hear from you!
Send Me Easy-to-Make Recipes!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You can manage or unsubscribe from your subscription at any time.
Thank you for your time! Please share this content with your family and friends. Your generosity is massively appreciated! Your coffee treats will help me maintain this blog site. Buy me a coffee here! You can also support us on Social: Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube! See you there! –jemima❤️
Hey Lounger! If you felt that you’d also love to blog and share compelling stories, you can start from HERE!