Caring for oneself is essential because it’s the practice of nourishing our mind, body, and soul. Especially if you’re already married and or have kids, it’s vital to have that me-time. It will help you set your mood correctly to face and take good care of your loved ones and others.
Today, I love to share with you the five best morning self-care I usually do. Some of these activities don’t need to be required every day, but if you can add them to your morning routines, I bet you will have a great start to the day!
Let’s dig into them, shall we?
My Five Best Morning Self-Care You Must Add to Your Routine
Helpful Reads: 22 Smart Self-Care Tips, 9 Ways to Amplify Self-Confidence
1. Drink Water
Our body is comprised of 60% water; hence it’s essential to keep hydrated. Our body will function properly throughout the day if we fill it with water. An article I read suggested seven beneficial claims if we drink water on an empty stomach:
- Drinking water as soon as you wake up helps rehydrate your body
- A glass of water before breakfast lessen your calorie intake throughout the day
- Drinking water in the morning increases weight loss
- Drinking water upon waking improves mental performance
- Drinking water first thing in the morning helps remove toxins and improves skin health
- It’s best to drink hot water in the morning
- A glass of cold water in the morning jumpstarts your metabolism.
My favorite of these is water drinking in the morning helps us clear up our mind and improve its performance. There’s no better way to start the day with a peaceful and energized mind.
It’s better to take water first before coffee.
2. 3-Minutes Breathing Exercise
2-3 Minutes Breathing Exercise with matching stretching can help you energized. It can help you jumpstart your body correctly before going throughout the day. When you inhale and exhale, you allow your body to decrease stress and tension out of it. Breathing exercises can help you calm your mind.
An article I read suggested that there are eleven benefits we can gain when practicing breathing exercises:
- A natural painkiller
- Improves the blood flow
- Improve your immunity system
- It can calm down anxiety
- It can help you get a better sleep
- It increases energy level
- Improves your posture
- It detoxifies your body
- It stimulates the lymphatic system
- It enables you to improve your digestive system
- Breathing relaxes mind and body
3. Taking a Healthy Breakfast
You should take a healthy breakfast instead of just filling your stomach for breakfast. We all know that the most important meal of the day is breakfast. We are literally breaking our fasting period overnight. Taking your breakfast means supplying glucose to your body to boost alertness and energy and provide essential nutrients to your body to make throughout the day.
An article I read tells us the twelve best foods to eat in the morning. You can add these to your breakfast meal.
- Eggs – have a significant amount of protein and various essential nutrients.
- Greek Yogurt – it contains beneficial probiotics.
- Coffee – caffeine can help you improve mood, mental performance, and metabolism.
- Oatmeal – rich in fiber which helps lower cholesterol.
- Chia seeds – a natural anti-inflammatory food and high in fiber too.
- Berries – are natural antioxidants and high in fiber.
- Nuts – helps reduce heart illnesses and improve blood sugar count.
- Green tea – has an antioxidant called EGCG, which benefits the brain and nervous system.
- Protein shake – an excellent high-protein breakfast choice that advocates fullness and helps balance blood sugar levels.
- Fruits – are a great source of vitamins, potassium, and fiber. They contain antioxidants that can help reduce getting diseases.
- Flaxseeds – can help you improve insulin sensitivity and balance sugar blood levels.
- Cottage Cheese – High in protein
Praying in the morning as soon as you wake up is the most beautiful and best self-care morning routine I can suggest. When we pray in the morning, we are immediately nurturing our spirituality, our relationship with God. Spending time and talking to God in the morning is reassuring. Even though you know that there might be some challenges or inevitable problems, God is always there for you. Guiding you and helping you manage your day.
In case you are someone who doesn’t believe in God, you can still pray. It will give your heart and soul the peace you need to face the day’s challenges. I know that changes for the better will eventually happen for you!
5. Practice Gratitude
Practicing gratitude can help you maintain positivity. There are times that, as soon as you wake up, problems may arise. It can be at work, family, some errands, you know what I mean. They are inevitable issues that can easily stress you out and ruin your positive mood. Now, instead of drawing yourself to it, take a pause and start practicing gratitude.
Think about at least three things you are grateful for in the morning or the day. If you love to write, it’s best to use your journal and pen these things. When I’m alone and feeling gloomy, I usually look at my gratitude journal. It reminds me of how blessed I am and boost up my positivity. It helps me tremendously to get back on track. I bet it will help you too!
Self-care doesn’t need to be glamorous and expensive. Well, if you have the resources, why not? But, proper self-care means taking good care of both your inner and outer aspects. It feels great to have a healthy mind, body, and soul.
A healthy mind, body, and soul will help you take good care of others – your loved ones, friends, and people around you. It’s easier for you to respond in a difficult situation too! It means you can still see good things even in the worst-case scenario.
So remember to drink your water, to have breathing exercises, eat a healthier breakfast, pray and practice gratitude! Stay beautiful in and out always, Lounger!
Send Me Self-Guides, Growth Tips & VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends. Are you feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you bought will help me maintain this blog site. Again, thank you & praise God always! Xo, jeMiMa. ❤️
Leave a Reply