Happy Monday, Lounger! One of my favorite cuisines is from the Japanese! Japanese sushi rice is the best! Back then, in Southeast Asia, fish are fermented with rice vinegar, salt, and rice. Fast forward, people are more creative and distinctive with their taste. Bettered sushi dishes are introduced and appreciated!
Let me share with you my very own frugal version of Baked Sushi Rice. Homemade with love!
Baked Sushi Rice
60 Minutes preparation and cooking: 4-5 Servings!
Here’s what you need for Baked Sushi Rice:
- Japanese Mayonaise (Kewpie)
- 200 grams crabs stick diced
- One medium onion diced
- Two scrambled eggs diced
- Newly Cooked Japanese Rice 250 grams
- Rice Vinegar
- Marumiya Furikake (Japanese sprinkles for rice)
- Dashes of Sesame seeds
- Seaweeds Paper (Nori)
Time to Cook our Baked Sushi Rice!
- In a mixing bowl, add your diced crabs sticks, onion, and Japanese Mayonnaise. Mix well and coat the crab sticks and onion properly. Add mayo generously. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add your newly cooked Japanese Rice and dash it with rice vinegar. Mix well until everything is set.
- Arrange the rice mixture in a baking pan. Press it properly so when we cut them in squares later, they are tight and firm!
- After the rice mixture, top your crab sticks mixture, then top the diced scrambled egg. Spread them properly.
- After top the Furikake and Sesame seeds! Dash some mayo too.
- Bake it until the top is golden brown! You can use 180-190 °C in a moderate oven.
- Cut them into squares and serve them with Nori!
- You can also add tuna or squid to this dish.
- You can use any Korean or ordinary Mayonnaise as an alternative.
- Regular kitchen vinegar is also an alternative to rice vinegar.
- Oven Toaster is an alternative if you don’t have a regular oven.
Oishī! Masarap! Delicious!
Try this fantastic and delicious Baked Sushi Rice! It’s perfect as food fingers with your friends and family. Let me know your experience, comment down below. I’d love to hear from you!
Send Me Easy Home Cooking Recipes, Kitchen-Cooking Tips & VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post. Feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blogsite. Again, thank you & praise God always! xoxo, jeMiMa. ❤️