2021 is on its second month, and we are in our second year fighting against the novel Coronavirus – COVID 19. As of this writing, there are more than 101M confirmed cases of Coronavirus worldwide and counting. Sadly, there’s this mutated “UK variant” spreading. It’s quicker than the original variant! Coronavirus is continuously trembling our world and has already taken 2M+ lives worldwide.
My hubby and I are one of those confirmed cases! Our 2021 year kick-starter was terrible because we acquired COVID-19 right after the new year!
While country leaders are doing their best to develop healthcare policies to help their people, it is a severe struggle every day to recognize the falling economy. We cannot dismiss that there are flip-flops, delays, and other challenges aside from Coronavirus, but I perceive we can do something about it even with our little ways. Especially that worldwide, they have started the vaccination.
Some still deny Coronavirus and considers it has a hoax. Perhaps these people are blind or left-behind from reality – we don’t know! But in my humble opinion, it’s 101% REAL!
Frankly, WE are the real front-liners! Together we can make a difference!
The Practical Guide to Fight Coronavirus
Previously, I blog about the Seven Easy Habits to Fight Coronavirus, which are:
- Cleaning of Hands Often
- Practice Respiratory Hygiene
- Avoid Touching of Your Face
- Avoid Close Contact
- Clean Frequently Touched Surfaces and Objects
- Boost Your Health
- Be Relevant
Sadly, despite practicing all these, my hubby and I contracted the deadly disease! You know why? Because at some point, we put our guards down. The silly decisions we made let us experience the horrifying sickness!
My hubby contracted the disease from his asymptomatic colleague. He trusted that since he knows him very well and they are co-workers, they are safe. They usually go taking their lunch together. That’s normal for them. Until December 31, 2020, we found out that his colleague was a first-contact of someone who confirmed positive for Coronavirus!
January 01, 2021, my hubby started feeling some symptoms, and I took care of him. During that time, we didn’t consider it as COVID-19. He works as a head chef, and from December 2020 until the new year, they were super busy at the restaurant. We undermined it and took it as simple fatigue. But he is not getting better. After five days, we decided to take the PCR test, and both of us contracted the deadly virus.
Symptoms that we experienced:
- Hubby lost his taste and smell.
- Hubby had a dry cough and colds, which lead to a little bit of nosebleed.
- Hubby experienced shortness of breath.
- Both of us had high-fevers during our 6th to 8th day of having confirmed with the virus.
- Both of us experienced body pains.
- We experienced quick tiredness even if we just literally did simple chores like washing dishes or cooking.
- I had an awful sore throat, which I believe the cause of high fevers during nighttime.
- I experienced headaches and minor coughs.
- I encountered body rashes.
- We experienced anxiety and distress because we cannot go out, not even for our essentials! We missed our works. We are secluded and messed up.
Thank goodness, despite those experiences, we are considered minor cases. We did not need to go to the hospital. A simple video call with the doctor was enough. We are also incredibly thankful for the store delivery services.
Healthcare guide and tips we followed during our fight against Coronavirus.
#1. Follow the government’s guidelines
First of all, we called the government’s health authority and told them what has happened. They saw our results in the system and advised us what to do next. Trust your government. They will surely assist you in how you will deal with the problems. We’re Filipino ex-pats living in Dubai, UAE. We are grateful for how the government treats its locals, residents, and tourist here despite Coronavirus.
One of my friends contracted the virus too before coming back to Dubai from our home country, the Philippines. Our government has helped her and brought her to a quarantine facility, and supported her throughout. Yes! There might be some concerns, but the point is to trust your authorities because they will surely help you. Be patient.
#2. Speak with your doctor
Take advantage of the free teleconsultations or video-call consultations given by the government’s healthcare system. They’re trustworthy doctors and medical healthcare officials that are committed to helping you. On the other hand, if you can afford it, you can ring your doctor. My point here, get medical-expert advice!
Our doctor’s advice:
- To take paracetamol.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Eat less salty and oily foods.
- Get a complete rest – sleep.
- To frequently clean and disinfect our home.
- As much as possible, change the beddings every day or every other day.
#3. Home remedies for cold and fever
Aside from the doctor’s advice, we tried home remedies that our family and friends advised lessening the pain and discomfort due to the colds and fevers. Here are some magical home remedies that can help you relax:
- Warm bath.
- Staying hydrated by drinking more water.
- Drinking hot to warm ginger-lemon tea with honey.
- Sipping warm liquids like soup.
- Steaming to get moisture in the air, you may also use a humidifier or vaporizer.
- Use of over the counter (OTC) cold and sore throat medications like lozenges.
#4. Other remedial tips
- We had constant communication with family and friends for continuous updates.
- Wearing face masks and doing social distancing inside our home during our severe days.
- Free ventilation of the house – open up your windows, door balcony, etc.
- Breathe fresh air
- Stay focus, keep a healthy mindset, and don’t let negative thoughts consume you.
- Be patient, and take full rest.
- Continues prayers and meditation.
We acquired the Coronavirus because our silly decisions and assumptions taught us various things. Never put your guards down – our most learning experience! Being stubborn won’t help us. Despite the incident, we are happy because we beat the virus. But the battle didn’t end. We are still vulnerable; hence we must continue practicing the required safety protocols imposed on us.
We must continue wearing the mask in public, frequent handwashing or hand sanitizer, maintaining cleanliness in our surroundings, and investing in our health. Continue to eat healthily! Be a mindful eater. Eat food that will boost your natural immune system. Love yourself by eating healthy.
After three months of acquiring the Coronavirus, we plan to consult our doctor and get vaccinated. It’s not an easy peasy. It’s a challenging and horrible experience that you don’t wish to endure.
Stay safe and healthy, Lounger!
Send Me Health-Care Tips and VIP freebies.
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends. Are you moved, feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blogsite. Again, thank you & praise God always! xoxo, jeMiMa. ❤️