Every day is a new challenge. We always consider how we will proceed with better resolves throughout the day. Whatever perspective we take, these plans and thoughts cause us tension and stress. And it’s perfectly normal.
To release tensions, unwind, and revitalize ourselves, it’s fun to go outside, explore and travel! Traveling can help us decompress and kick-start our inspirations. BUT WAIT!
When we say ‘travel,’ we associate this with money! Of course, we need money to spend on fares, food, accommodation, and other expenses along the trip. And because of this ideal budget we have in mind, it’s difficult for us to travel even within our country.
Some folks advise us to set aside a few dollars each payday for travel expenses. Still, most of us can not save consistently due to other priorities. So, let me share with you our secrets! My hubby and I get to save money or have lesser travel expenses when traveling because of these three ultimate ways!
Our Three Ways to Save Money in Traveling
Helpful Reads: Getting Smart on Philippine Money, 8 Habits of a Responsible Traveler, Villa Angela Heritage House, Exclusive Hotel Yet Budget Friendly in Vigan City, Time Warp to Spanish Era, 16 Things You Must Know to Skyrocket Your Dubai Travel Experience
#1. Learn about your travel destination.
Ultimately, you must first learn about your destination to save money when traveling. Learning about your place of destination is critical because you will know how much money you will need to spend for the whole trip and emergencies if you know about the place you want to visit.
Is it local or travel abroad? Have you been there? Do you know someone there? Are you aware of the weather or seasons? When are you planning to visit? Who’s with you? What is the currency? Do shops accept cards or cash? These are some of the few questions you need to answer for you to budget your money correctly.
Tips on how to research your travel destinations by:
- Visiting the place’s official website.
- Reading reviews in TripAdvisor.
- Reading about local and or international news about your destination.
- Watching video reviews from YouTube.
- Reading blogger’s stories, experiences, and reviews about your destination.
- Watching documentary films or tv shows.
- You can also ask ex-pats or someone you know who has been there.
- Checking the exchange rates.
- Reading Magazines about your travel destination.
Researching about your travel destination will give you the information you need like the foods, accommodations, modes of transportations, events, shops, healthcare, local or international requirements (especially today, we are still navigating our way out of the pandemic). All these factors can impact your money.
#2. Learn about your accommodation and transport options.
When we travel, a chunk of our budget most likely will go to the accommodation alongside the transport (airfare, land transports, etc.). Accommodation and transport are the two major money-savers or spenders.
Do not be lazy or procrastinate on your research. Plan ahead. Save money when traveling by learning about your accommodation and transport options.
Tips for researching about in finding the best accommodation and transport options:
- The use of google map or offline maps like 2gis. You will see all accommodations’ reviews, rates, and their distances on the tourist spots in your travel destination. You will also have the options to see what modes of transport are best.
- Modes of payments. Some accommodations don’t accept cash, only cards or vice-versa. Same with transport! For instance, in Dubai, the primary transportation is the metro service; hence they use NOL cards, not cash.
- Learn about promo offers. Some bloggers or vloggers who review inns, hotels, and other accommodation usually have promo codes they give to their readers and viewers.
#3. Plan a budget and execute it well as much as possible.
Planning will save you time, effort, and money in traveling. And if you plan, execute it as much as possible. It means do not deviate from it. For example, do not be an impulsive buyer of souvenirs or meals. Buy souvenirs and meals according to your budgeted plan. Well, yes! I admit it’s my problem too!
An article I read provided these steps on how you can plan a budget for your travel destination and save money:
- Know your big-ticket items, e.g., airfare, accommodations
- Estimate your expenses for meals, transportation, accommodations, souvenirs, tips
- Include expenses on visas, travel and health insurances, vaccinations, and other local and international requirements
- Identify your priorities, e.g., activities like tickets for amusement park rides, museum tickets, skydiving experience, etc.
- Start saving early as much as possible. Yes! Set aside a few bucks.
Other tips to save money when traveling
- Avoid expensive souvenirs. I usually pick fridge magnets because they are cheap and handy. Let your fridge be the storyteller of your travel destinations!
- Avoid fancy restaurants as much as you can; instead, try street foods or local vendor food carts. Doing so, you will get to know a lot about your travel and the people of your destination.
- When deciding about your accommodation, pick those you are nearby tourist spots so you can easily walk and enjoy street sceneries.
- Regarding accommodation, you may also pick one that provides free breakfast or lunch.
- Find a local driver that can drive you around for a whole day at a fixed rate.
Yes! In three simple ways, you can positively save money when traveling.
- Learn about your travel destination.
- Learn about your accommodation and transport options.
- Plan a budget and execute it well as much as possible.
And it’s in your complete control. You’re the driver and navigator of your budget and travel destination, thus having the power over it instead of controlling you. There are times that even if you plan or budget ahead, problems or unexpected expenses still occur. Relax, be calm, and concentrate on the positive experience if that happens.
Traveling is full of fun and adventure! Go ahead and pick your destination, and start doing your assignments! Traveling is best done with your special someone, best friend, or even as a solo traveler. Traveling will help you discover yourself! A priceless experience!
Send Me Travel Suggestions, Tips, Destination Reviews, and Guides!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Appreciate your time hugely! If you enjoy this content, please continue to support by clicking the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends!
Your generosity is bliss in my heart! Your coffee treats will significantly help me in maintaining this blog site. Buy me a coffee here! You can also support us on Social: Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube! See you there! – jeMiMa❤️