Oh hey there! It’s December and definitely winters time! I’m excited to share my simple potato leek soup recipe that is best during this time. Total comfort food and best for babies too! How exciting is that?
Potato is a power nutrient ingredient on your table. It’s naturally gluten-free, hence a perfect food choice for people having celiac disease. While Leek is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K. Leek is also the best dietary fiber choice.
Easy Recipe – Potato Leek Soup
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsps. butter
- 1 stalk big fresh leek (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 1 large potato (cubes)
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup of water
- Salt & Pepper
- Toasted Pan with herbs for croutons
Time to Cook our Potato Leek Soup!
- Sauté in olive oil: butter, leek, and onion until they are translucent and cooked.
- Add the potatoes and give the right mix.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add milk, water, and let it boil to cook the potatoes properly.
- Once the potatoes are well cooked, blend it using your hand blender.
- Serve it with croutons and enjoy!
Masarap! Delicious! Yummy!
You’ll love this in cold seasons, and perfect for babies, especially when introducing vegetables to them. I got this recipe from my husband. He is the head chef of one of the best Italian restaurants in Dubai – Massimo’s Italian Restaurant.
Try it and let me know your comments down below. Watch here too!
Disclaimer: If you have an illness like celiac disease, please consult your doctor and or nutritionist.
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post. Feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blogsite. Again, thank you & praise God always! xoxo, jeMiMa. ❤️