Masala is a mixture of ground spices, from South Asia, common in Afghani, Pakistani, Nepalese, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan and Indian cuisines. I have made a simple snack recipe that is fusion of Western English dish (Baked Beans) and South Asians’ spices – Masala.
My very own Baked Beans Masala
15 minutes preparation and cooking, good for 2-3 servings.
Here’s what you need:
- 175g Baked Beans (I used canned Hunt’s Baked Beans)
- 50g minced cabbage
- 2 minced onions
- 3 tablespoon Masala powder
- ½ tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 chopped Green Chilis
- 2 cups of water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Time to Cook:
- Sauté in cooking oil and butter, onions, green chilis, and cabbage.
- Add the baked beans, oyster sauce, tomato paste, water.
- Stir a bit and simmer.
- Add masala powder, salt & pepper to taste. Stir and let it simmer.
- Serve it with Chapati or Butter Naan alongside with Chutney dip.
I love mix and matching cuisines. I found that this is one great snack you can try while chitchatting with your love one, family and friends. Masala is a good source of antioxidants which can help in preventing skin problems and help fight inflammation. While beans are a good source of protein and are rich in fiber. Let me know your experience, I love to hear from you!
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post. Feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blogsite. Again, thank you & praise God always! xoxo, jeMiMa. ❤️