Hello there! It’s been a while since I posted a recipe. I’m pretty excited to share you my very own tuna salad. We normally have leftovers in the fridge and totally forget about them. Worst they will end up in the bin. That’s sad. It’s not good to waste. Hence, I came up with my own salad recipe using leftovers!
My very own Tuna Broccoli Salad with Poached Egg & Sprouts
10 minutes preparation and cooking, good for 1-2 serving.
Here’s what you need:
- 5 tablespoons water
- 100 grams tuna flakes in vegetable oil (leftover)
- 150 grams broccoli (florets)
- 150 grams beans sprouts
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg (poached)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Time to Cook:
- Pour in water, tuna flakes in vegetable oil, simmer a bit in the pan.
- Pour in broccoli, sprouts, topped the butter and cover. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, stir a bit.
- Serve in a bowl, topped with poached egg.
- Finally seasoned with salt & pepper to taste.
Canned tuna can be a good source of omega-3 fatty acids which is good for your heart. I love broccoli because it contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K, which are vital for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis. It’s a good anti-inflammatory food too! While mung beans sprouts are good source of Vitamin K and Copper which support for Anti-cancer, Anti-diabetic activity.
I hope you’ll try and love it! Tell me your experience. I love to hear from you!
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post. Feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blogsite. Again, thank you & praise God always! xoxo, jeMiMa. ❤️
such a ripper of a recipe!
can’t stop the urge to try it out!
glorious one and thanks for sharing!
LikeLiked by 1 person