As much as you want to eat fresh meat all the time, sometimes you cannot just for whatever reason! So, I want to share to you my simple corned beef recipe made with love and fresh bitter melon. Yes! You read it right. It’s bitter melon!
I like bitter melon (bitter gourd) because it’s good to lowering blood sugar. People who have diabetes is recommended eating this delicious vegetable. Bitter melon is packed of several important nutrients such as fiber, vitamins C and A, Folate, Potassium, Zinc and Iron. Based on an article, it may also have a cancer-fighting properties!
Here’s my simple Bitter Melon Corned Beef recipe!
30 minutes preparation and cooking, good for 1-2 persons.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 medium size bitter melon sliced thinly
- 1 150 grams corned beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 egg, scrambled
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 cup of water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Time to Cook!
- Sauté garlic, onion, tomato, using olive oil and butter
- Add corned beef when tomato is cooked
- Continue to sauté, then add the bitter melon, 1/8 cup of water, and cover for 2 minutes
- Add the egg and continue to sauté
- Add salt & pepper to taste and cover for another 2 minutes
- Serve hot with jasmine rice or toasted garlic bread on the side!
You can also add chopped parsley on top for garnish if you wish. This food is good for professional and university students who live in flat and has limited time to cook. It’s easy and quick to prepare, economical and healthy! Try it and tell me your experience!
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post. Feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blogsite. Again, thank you & praise God always! xoxo, jeMiMa. ❤️