Quick yummy red meat recipe for you guys! I usually cook this after work, especially when I’m already tired from a very long day, but I still need to cook for us (hubby and me). Trust me! It’s easy. It’s quick. It’s yummy!
I like ground beef because it’s easy to cook, always available in the market, and you can do many quick recipes from it. The best ground beef to buy is ground round and ground sirloin because of its low-fat content; therefore is the healthiest option. I am prone to anemia, so I make sure that beef is part of my diet. Beef is a good source of protein, minerals, and vitamins.
Sharing You My Easy Beefy Potato and Carrot Recipe!
This recipe is about 30 minutes of preparation and cooking and is suitable for up to four servings.
More easy home-cooking ideas, click HERE.
Here’s What You Need:
- 500 grams ground beef
- 200 grams carrots chopped
- 200 grams potato chopped
- 150 grams green capsicum chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup water
Time to Cook our Beefy Potato and Carrot Recipe
- Quickly fry potato and carrots until half cooked and set aside.
- Melt the butter together with the olive oil in a pan, then Sautee garlic, onion.
- Add ground beef and stir it constantly to evenly cook the meat.
- Add capsicum and cook for 3 minutes. Add potato and carrots.
- Add water, and season with ketchup and oyster sauce.
- Let it simmer for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Serve it with white rice and fresh lemon iced tea!
You can also add dash of lemon juice to add sharpness. Chili flakes or chili powder to add spice. I love adding those because I want the taste of sharpness and spiciness. You may also try using ground lamb or turkey with this recipe.
Adding potato is like adding fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 content in your food. While carrot is a good source of beta carotene, vitamin K1, and antioxidants. Make sure to use fresh ingredients to ensure healthier meal!
What is your favorite ground beef recipe? Let me know!
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post. Feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blogsite. Again, thank you & praise God always! xoxo, jeMiMa. ❤️