Spinach and Tofu Recipe
“I’m strong to the finish ’cause I eats me spinach.” Popeye the sailor man said! In real life, spinach is indeed a super-food! Spinach has loads of nutrients yet low-calorie package. This is my hubby’s favorite low-carb diet recipe! It’s simple. It’s quick. It’s best for people who wants to lose weight.
15 minutes preparation and cooking for 2 persons
Here’s what you need:
- Spinach 250 grams
- Tofu 150 grams chopped into small cubes
- Garlic 3 cloves minced
- White onion medium size diced
- Tomato 3 chopped
- Water ¼ cup
- Olive oil half tablespoon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Time to Cook:
- Sautee garlic and onion with olive oil.
- Once caramelized add tofu and sauté it until properly cooked.
- Add tomatoes and continue to sauté.
- Once tomatoes cooked add spinach and water. Cover it for 4 minutes.
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Serve with pan fried galunggong (scad fish)
Spinach is a good source of vitamin K, calcium, vitamin D, dietary fibre, potassium, magnesium and vitamin C. While Tofu is good source of protein. Tofu contains all nine essential amino acids. Tofu also helps lessen the risk of getting a stroke and other cardiovascular illnesses. It also helps in losing weight and prevent obesity.
I so love this recipe! It’s very healthy and economical. No need to spend too much money to taste great healthy and delicious food. You can also experiment using other green leafy vegetables like kale and bok choy! Try it and let me know how’s your experience!
Thank you for reading! Please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post. Feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blogsite. Again, thank you & praise God always! xoxo, jeMiMa. ❤️